Styling Tips for Year-Round Summer Vibes
Keep those summer vibes kicking year-round with Simone’s top styling tips.
It’s no secret that here at SOUL, we are big fans of summer. From light-filled interiors with fresh, natural styling, to lush tropical gardens, SOUL of Gerringong has those holiday vibes kicking year-round. If you’re looking to spruce up your interiors so that you too can savour that summer feeling, we have some great tips to get you started.
Simone’s Top 8 Tips to Year-round Summer Vibes
- Bring the outside in with pops of greenery. It’s the easiest way to create those summer vibes. I especially love a palm tree frond.
- Use your beach towels to style. What better way to encourage a dip in the ocean than seeing a beach towel on a hook?
- Have books that are about holidays lying around, on coffee tables, side tables, and bookshelves. I love Holiday at Homeby Jason Grant and SLOWby Brooke McAlary.
- Texture. We absolutely love it. Mix your textures through cushions and throws be it in the living room, bedrooms and outdoor spaces.
- Framed prints are a great way to bring in summer. If you are an ocean lover, have a framed print of the ocean, or if you love calligraphy, then opt for that. I’m a big fan of the ones from Blacklist Studio.
- Add some fun pieces in as that is what holidays are all about. For me at SOUL, I have added some brass mermaids and palm candle holders, it just makes me feel good and fun when I see them.
- Use speakers that look good. If you have music/speakers ready to go, you will use them. And although music is not visual, it does evoke another sense with what you hear.
- Sheer curtains. I am a huge fan of these all year round as they add that final layer. And no matter what season, curtains blowing in the wind screams holidays.