Styling Tips for Year-Round Summer Vibes
Keep those summer vibes kicking year-round with Simone’s top styling tips.
It’s no secret that here at SOUL, we are big fans of summer. From light-filled interiors with fresh, natural styling, to lush tropical gardens, SOUL of Gerringong has those holiday vibes kicking year-round. If you’re looking to spruce up your interiors so that you too can savour that summer feeling, we have some great tips to get you started.
Simone’s Top 8 Tips to Year-round Summer Vibes
- Bring the outside in with pops of greenery. It’s the easiest way to create those summer vibes. I especially love a palm tree frond.
- Use your beach towels to style. What better way to encourage a dip in the ocean than seeing a beach towel on a hook?
- Have books that are about holidays lying around, on coffee tables, side tables, and bookshelves. I love Holiday at Homeby Jason Grant and SLOWby Brooke McAlary.
- Texture. We absolutely love it. Mix your textures through cushions and throws be it in the living room, bedrooms and outdoor spaces.
- Framed prints are a great way to bring in summer. If you are an ocean lover, have a framed print of the ocean, or if you love calligraphy, then opt for that. I’m a big fan of the ones from Blacklist Studio.
- Add some fun pieces in as that is what holidays are all about. For me at SOUL, I have added some brass mermaids and palm candle holders, it just makes me feel good and fun when I see them.
- Use speakers that look good. If you have music/speakers ready to go, you will use them. And although music is not visual, it does evoke another sense with what you hear.
- Sheer curtains. I am a huge fan of these all year round as they add that final layer. And no matter what season, curtains blowing in the wind screams holidays.
Get the best of SOUL Home straight to your inbox.
Only the latest biz know-how and inspiring things will be coming your way.
“The SOUL How-to Guide has changed the way we view our little shack. We’ve been open for over 18 months and learning the ins and outs along the way. Knee deep in major upgrades, I signed up for the guide, and we haven’t looked back.” – Karen Johnson, HPO
“The SOUL community is a wealth of information from real-life HPOs opening up conversations and questions between one another with great advice and support. I have learned so much in a small space of time!” – Melisa George, HPO
“I’m so glad that I have the SOUL How-to Guide to refer to whenever I need some inspiration or some practical help with the everyday issues. Simone covers everything you need to get started and continues to guide you along the way as you navigate the world of being an HPO. ” – Louise Zoller, HPO